Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This is going to be one of those boring no picture blogs. Our paperwork is currently at immigration, which is the last of the paperwork. The wait is starting to wear on me. We have no idea how long it will take for immigration to clear us and that makes it harder. As I make my way through the Bible, I came to Genesis 22 today. I have blogged about this before, but I thought I would revisit it. It is the story of Abraham being asked to sacrifice his son and having to walk three days to the appointed mountain. As our senior associate pastor preached, three days of wondering, "how can this be right, how can God's promised son now be the expected sacrifice?" Three days for Abraham to walk on, in faith, despite the temptation to say, "God, I think I misunderstood." Re-reading the chapter today reminded me of Abraham's faith and his choice to walk on in that faith.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last year when you and Phillip were on your way to get Julianna and you missed your flight because of bad weather and had to wait in Calf. a day for another flight, and it seemed all the plans were screwed up, that song "How Great is Our God" kept going through my head. I believed He would come through for you. Just look what a blessing He gave us. He is great and loves us beyond measure and will come through again. Love Mom
P.S. You better keep this to read back to me when I get to wondering about something in my own life. :)

Anonymous said...

Looking back at times in my life when I was at a point in my life when it would have been easy to ask God "Why this or Why that?" or to just sit down and not carry on. Looking back in the end what God had waiting for me was so much better than what I thought was right for me at the time. God has his reasons for everthing. It's hard sometimes to have to "hurry up and wait". Just know that you are not alone. God is there with you and he has put in your life faily and friends that love you. Love Don