Thursday, May 03, 2007

Everyday we learn a little bit more about parenting. Today's lesson was be careful how close you put the stroller to, well, basically everything. You would think after the tea set episode I would know this, but I guess I needed a refresher course. For the record, the little tear in her eye is because I left her to get the camera, not because I scolded her.

We are practicing the "walk away" method to deal with her tantrums. We have learned that you have to completely walk away and ignore her. I tried just sitting away from her and watching the drama, but that encourages rather than discourages. It is hard to keep one eye on her to make sure she doesn't hurt herself and at the same time appear to ignore her. It does seem to shorten the dramas. I'm still hoping they stop completely soon.

She understands that she is the "Ba Ba" and will point at herself proudly and say "baba". I think she might understand that I am the mama. She says mama all the time. She does not understand that Phillip is the dada, but she says that a lot too.

We have been playing classical music for her. When she likes the song, she will sway and close her eyes. It is very cute. She will even clap at the end of a song. For the most part, the music is background noise to her, but sometimes it catches her attention.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH THIS IS SOOOOOOO CUTE, YEP YOU WILL LEARN THESE LESSONS, THANKS FOR THE PICS, MY LITTLE GIRL JUST TURNED 2 AND WELL THE TANTRUMS WILL NEVER TOTALLY STOP, BUT WILL SUBSIDE, IT SOUNDS LIKE YOU ARE DOING A GREAT JOB! PARENTING IS SO MUCH LIKE OUR WALK WITH GOD, ITS A LEARNING PROCESS AND KIDS ARE ALL DIFFERENT, JUST AS WE ARE. ITS GREAT TO SEE JULIANNA IS WARMING UP TO YOUR HUSBAND WELL GOD BLESS YOU, CANT WAIT TO SEE YOU BACK AT WORK! JODI PICKETT BILLING(DAPHNE OFFICE)-USED TO BE PROV FRONT DESK:)

Anonymous said...

Very cute! She is very pretty! Picture reminded me of the time, I came into the bathroom and caught my daughter (about 2 1/2 years old)--paper every where. She only had a pair of boots on. Had all of her clothes off. I ran for the camera. Guess, she was trying to be a BIG girl and do things, herself. It was cute! LOVE your pictures!
HUGS, Mary Ellen P.

Living Life Happy said...

Kali took out half a shoe store one time sitting in her stroller. Okay, maybe a little exaggerated, but not much. It was the whole shelf from top to bottom. Like a domino effect. And then when I get it all cleaned up, she tried to finish the other side of the store!!