Wednesday, October 28, 2009

We tried something new around our house this week--pumpkin carving. It was a first for the kids and daddy, too. J did not like the feel of the pumpkin insides. K thought it was great. I think they turned out pretty well.

I heard a song today that I've probably heard many times before, but never really listened to the words. It is called 'What it Feels Like", by FFH. The song is about having your perfect life fall apart and relying solely on God for everything, turning to Him and following His leading. What it feels like to find the peace and comfort of a loving Father. I think I noticed it today because the Bible study I'm doing was reflecting upon John 6:66-69, where Jesus asks the disciples if they want to leave Him, too. Peter responds, 'To whom shall we go, Lord? You have the words of life.' I love these verses. They remind me that even when life is falling apart, God is still sovereign and He remains the source of life.



1 comment:

Susan and Fred said...

What a great thing to do with the kids! We didn't attempt that one this year. Are they going trick or treating? Have a great one!!