Wednesday, January 17, 2007


As I pointed out yesterday, five set matches can change quickly. In the time it took me to get ready for work, the two aussies had taken two sets from the americans. By the time I left for work, both matches had entered a fifth set, and by the time I settled in at the office, one match had gone to the American qualifer Kuznetsov and one to the Australian favorite Hewitt. The other exciting news from the open was the departure of last years surprise finalist Baghdatis via a four-set loss to Monfils.

I have finally finished a dress. This one has been a long time in progress, but well worth the effort. It was an adventure in adaptation. The smocking plate is from AS&E. It was meant to be a boys bubble, but I made it into a girls dress. I thought the white border at the bottom would make it more interesting, as well as the white sleeve cuff and white around the collar. It even has white covered buttons. The borders have hemstiching, which allowed me to use the heirloom dress stiches on my machine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That was very creative to turn the boy's bubble into a dress. Am looking forward to seeing it up close. Love you.