Sunday, January 14, 2007


It is late Sunday afternoon here on the sunny gulf coast and early Monday Morning in Melbourne, Australia. In a couple of hours, the first ball will be tossed and the 2007 open season will begin. I love tennis. I love playing it. I love watching it. I love talking about it. I've gotten up at 4 am to watch live finals and I've stayed up to 2 am to watch captivating matches. For the Wimbledon final last year, my best friend came over and we ate fish and chips, followed by a desert of strawberries and cream. One of the fantastic things about the gulf coast is we can play tennis essentially year round. There are courts about four blocks from our house that are currently being resurfaced, promising a great summer of tennis. And of course, Julianna's closet already has a tennis outfit. Now she just needs a racquet.

No comments: