Monday, June 25, 2007

It is hard to believe, but today is the three month anniversary of getting our little girl. Exactly twelve weeks ago today, we flew into China, took quick showers, and met our beautiful girl. We were so exhausted by the end of the day that I fell asleep on the bed with Julianna, completely awake, sitting on my stomach. I thought it might be fun on this anniversary to relive some of those parenting dictums that have fallen away at our house. I hope you enjoy our silliness.

10. We won't loose any of those sippy cups


About half of them are spread out somewhere in the house. We did at least make it to
eleven weeks before leaving one at a restaurant.

9. No character toys
We broke this one before we even made it to China

8. She will sleep in her own bed in her own room


We can dream

7. No caffeine
How about no caffeine in her sippy cups?

6. No eating in the car

5. We will have a bookshelf filled with classic literature for our darling to enjoy.


I guess Dr. Seuss is a classic

4. We will read from the above mentioned classics before bedtime every night.

3. Our child will eat whatever we make for dinner (ie, no special baby meals)


Good thing I own this.

2. No junk food
Thanks, Mary

1. Our house will not be taken over by baby paraphernalia


And pigs will fly.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome to the world of children! Aren't they fun? So pretty & sweet and you get lots of hugs & kisses. She is a doll. I can't wait till the day Julianna will let me hold her.
I love keeping up to date, looking at your blog. Love all the pictures.
Hugs, Mary Ellen P.

Anonymous said...

How funny!!! I think all new parents go through this too!!

Aunt Penny

Anonymous said...

Welcome to parenthood. No way to keep a house clean of all the toys. That's just the way it goes when you have kids. Great pictures. -steve

Anonymous said...

Hee, hee! You're welcome :o)

Mary (aka Me-Me)