Thursday, April 23, 2009

No new pictures. No excuses, just no pictures.

Things around here are in some ways settling in. Brother has really started to push the boundaries and test the limits. It is almost as though he figured out we were not going anywhere and decided he needed to establish the control. He is very different from sister in his power struggles. He will do more half-obedience and delay tactics than she would. Unfortunately, mommy wants full obedience and delay tactics result in being carried to bed. Sister is pushing the limits, too, I assume to figure out the new norm and establish some control for her. The days can be very long, but I know someday it will all pay off.

I have finally given up the battle of a toy free living room and have begun to turn it into a play room. I bought a kid table and two chairs today. I had one put together when brother woke up and he claimed it as his chair. It is identical to the other, but he drug that chair all over the house to make sure only he sat in it. I would walk to the kitchen and here he came with that chair. It was almost comical. He also went through his sister's room decided which toys in there were "his". She did not take well to that expedition.


We have our appointment with orthopedics May 7.

1 comment:

AaronS said...

Sorry about your living room. Still I am impressed you were able to keep it toy free until now. Starla and I gave up on day 3.