Friday, April 03, 2009

We are starting to settle in around here. I have not unpacked the camera and most of the clothes are in the hall waiting to go through the washing machine. Everything had a funk to it, even the stuff we laundered in China.

Last night was a rough night. Mei Mei has always had sleep issues. She slept soundly the night we got her, all alone in her crib, but that was the last time. I fondly refer to 2 am as the witching hour because she wakes up like clock work. It used to be screaming and trips to the rocking chair, now it is just calling out for mommy, sometimes to potty, then right back to sleep. Well, last night was like the old days. She woke up every forty minutes and screamed. I had to get out of bed and walk her around. I made several trips to the kitchen. She woke up for good at 3 am and I finally went to sleep at around 5. Ge Ge slept like a rock until about 5 am. I'm hoping tonight will be a better night for her. Ge Ge is refusing to go to bed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

welcome home! Glad you made a safe trip. Can't wait to meet Keith in person. I know it will take a while for him to ajust.
Hugs, Mary Ellen