Thursday, April 02, 2009

We are home and all in bed. I am hoping no one wakes up before about 630 am. I have one story from our otherwise uneventful travels home. We had one large suitcase that on the way over exceeded the US domestic weight limit and had to be repacked in the airport before I could check it. So, coming home I was meticulous with this one and weighed it constantly in the hotel room to keep the weight down. When we checked in for the flight to LAX it turned out to be 22.7 kg (49.94 lbs), which just squeaks under the limit. Before we left LAX, I took a few more things out just to be on the safe side. We get to the airport and they don't even weigh it!! The attendant slaps tracking labels on all of them and sends us off to the TSA x-ray machine without a second thought. AUGGHH!! All that obsessing for naught.

Happy sleeping to everyone.

1 comment:

Sonyia said...

We were all up at 2:30am. I hope the rest of your gang slept in. On the way to Beijing, we were over on our luggage 'total allowance' so we had to do one more carry-on...