Friday, March 02, 2007

Looking out the window.

Sometime in the last year our associate pastor gave a sermon on Genesis 22, which is the story of Abraham taking Isaac to offer him as a sacrifice. He pointed out a part of the story that I had not realized--the journey to the place of sacrifice was three days. So, for three days, Abraham walked on, with all his doubts and concerns. Three days to think, this can't be right, God cannot want me to sacrifice the child of promise, surely I misunderstood. Yet he walked on. When it seemed wrong, when hope seemed lost, he got up everyday and walked on.

Wednesday was the official one year anniversary of our adoption journey--one year since we did the first part of the paperchase. Looking back, I've spent more time on the side of the road whining and complaining than I have walking on, but I have never forgotten this sermon and it has given me great encouragement. Walking on.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always know that you have a great faith and that you will be an excellent mother. I know that you will receive the TA just at the right time. Love Dad

Tina said...

Wow, what a great lesson. Hang in there, I know the waiting is hard but the reward will be worth it.