Sunday, March 15, 2009

There's been a change of plans



We had a completely uneventful trip to China. No rain, no missed planes, no lost luggage. Quite pleasant, other than the 15 hour plane flight over the Pacific. We were looking forward to nice hot showers before going to the orphanage to meet the children, but our guide met us with the phrase, There has been a change of plans. We went straight from the airport to the orphanage, smelly clothes and nappy hair, to meet the children. There are three families in our group. One family is also adopting a five year old and they are friends. I'm really too tired to think right now. But all is well here right now, especially since we have stocked up on Coca Cola.

8 comments:

starrde said...

Yeah Yeah Yeah! He looks so cute! I have a million questions!! Perhaps they will be answered over the course of the next few days! Don called me last night and we were trying to figure out what time you all would get there and get Keith. I bet I saw the blog first!! I am glad you all made it safely and with no major issues. I hope there are no other "change of plans"!

Love,

Penny

China Dreams said...

Congratulations! I recognize that room. When you get home and have had some time to rest, I would love to touch base with you and see if our sons were friends (would also love to talk to the other boy's parents). Our son came home on Halloween from Beijing and will be five at the end of April.

Take care, and hope the rest of th trip goes smoothly.

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it safe. I was up late last night hopeing to hear someing. I talked to Penny before church today she told me about the blog. I'm like Penny I have a lot questions too. More than anything I can't wait for your return trip home. Well, take care and talk to you later. Love Don

Steve and Darcy said...

Congratulations! You don't know me...I found your blog address through the Beijing yahoo group. We are going to adopt a 2 year old boy from Beijing this summer, so I will be following your blog diligently! Congratulations again...your son is so handsome!! Enjoy getting to know him!
Darcy in GA

AaronS said...

Congratulations. We've been praying for all of you. I can't believe your second trip to China started just like the first.

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear ya'll had a good trip. Keith is so cute! Will be watching for more news & pictures.
Take care & praying all goes well with the rest of your trip. Tell your Mother & Dad, I said Hi!
Love, Mary Ellen (Parker)

Anonymous said...

Dear Sherry and Phil,
What a handsome young man he is!!! I am so excited for you. I cannot wait to meet Keith. We pray that everything goes smoothly for you. May God bless your beautiful family fully!
Love,
Connie Uzel

Living Life Happy said...

Aw, congrats! What was Julianna's reaction? What was Keith's?