Tuesday, April 03, 2007


Hey y'all, Daddy here. Today we went to the Adoption Registry Center to finalize the Chinese portion of the adoption. The building was very nice inside, with glossy floors and discreet lighting. We got our official family photo, paid our fees, and signed a lot of different papers. One intruiging thing about the paperwork here is that they recycle paper–I mean pages of paper. One of our pages had what looked to be an excel spreadsheet printed on the back. It was in chinese of course so I had no idea what it was. One other couple had a hispanic family's names, dates and occupations on the back. Just one of the quirks about the Chinese government I guess.

Baby news... we got Julianna in the crib just now. A small victory for the new parents. She has been clinging to Sherry like a baby koala all day. I mean all day. Mommy's training has paid off for the most part—months of holding Andi makes for good strong holding arms—but today was just too much.
Kelly, our guide, took us all to dinner at a Cantonese restaurant down the street. They were displaying their wares in the lobby which would put most of you readers off your appetite real quick. We're talking live things in tanks, sharks and eels and stuff. And bugs and worms. And dried shark fins in a display case like they were fine china. Kelly, of course, ordered pork, beef and chicken for us all. She is very wise. It was the best chinese food I've ever had. And cheap. It will be hard to go back to the Super Buffet and feel like I'm getting what I paid for.
Julianna snores.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love reading about you guys while you are all in China. Congrats on her being in the crib!!

Love the new picture of Julianna!!

Melody, Doug and Kali

Sherry Cosper said...

Hello Sherry! This is Sherry Cosper from good old Oxford AL. Your mom & dad have kept us posted on your adoption. We adopted our Katie almost 10 yrs. ago from China. She was 10 mo. old at the time of adoption. She has truly been a blessing to our family. Julianna is so beautiful! If I can answer any questions, I'll try to check in each day to see what's going on! Expect to see lots of changes before you come home! Also, Chinese laundry is wonderful and cheap! Blessings, Sherry Cosper

Anonymous said...

You have made a Granddaddy very proud. Thanks for letting us feel that we are part of the process by letting us share your thoughts and experences. My newest grandchild is just as awesome as I had believed she would be. Let me know about your luggage.
Dad and Dreamy

Anonymous said...

THis blog thing you guys are doing is way too cool. Makes us feel such a part of what you guys are going through. We are addicted to this. Andi is even beginning to ask us to go to the computer so she can see a picture of Julianna. Thanks for keeping us updated. The pictures are awesome.

Steve

Anonymous said...

Hey Phil, don't eat any dogs over there. Stick with shrimp. At least you can tell what it is. I can't tell you how happy we are for you. She is absolutely beautiful! We love seeing all of the pictures; blog as many as you want. Andi is saying Julianna's name and checking the website regularly with Daddy. By the way, glad Andi could help to prepare your arms for endurance. I can't wait to hold your precious one.
love,
chris

Anonymous said...

She is WAY too precious!!! The picture where she is sitting on the floor and looking into the camera is priceless!!! (sassy!)We are praying for all 3 of you daily and can not wait to mee that precious baby girl!
...Sherry,enjoy every minute of the pants covered in vomit and yes - pedialyte will come out!!!:)
Julie Hays

Gail said...

Your angel is sooooo beutiful. We all look forward to meeting her.
Gail
Hello from everyone at Southern Cancer Center

Anonymous said...

Julianna is so bautiful. I just stare at ther picture on the computer. I wish I could just reach into the computer and hold her. I hope you are telling her all about her grandmothers and grandfathers. We love her very much and look forward to spoiling her.
Wish I could be there to help you.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey! Uncle Dennis says Julianna's bangs need to be cut. I said at least she has hair now. I reminded him of the first two pictures you all received where she had almost no hair. (They are hanging on the fridge by the way!) You all look so happy in your photos! I had to rush home from work to see if you posted any new ones! Apparently the US Army thinks that reding blogs at work is unproductive and it will not let me check from my work computer!! Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!

Love, Penny!!!