Thursday, April 05, 2007


We are progressing in the "baby bodily fluids I have worn" category. We now have, vomit, urine, and mucous (for all you non-medicals, that is snot. Lots and lots of snot. Who knew something so small could produce such a prodigious amount of mucous). Julianna has a full blown cold. We stayed home most of the day while daddy went to the Six Banyan Trees temple. He might give you a rundown on that later. It was kind of nice to have a laid back day. I was able to straighten out the hotel room and relax. Julianna continues to be more interactive and playful. She does not play with us, but all in good time. We have learned that she will drink out of a glass. We learned this pretty much by accident; she did the "I want that sound" when one of us was drinking and we gave it a shot. It is a messy affair, but at least it is some liquid in her mouth. She is doing a bit better drinking from the sippy cup as well.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your posts just makes me smile! It brings back some memories of when my children were younger. By the way there are a couple more bodily fluids you have yet to experience. They are also loads of fun! Enjoy your baby!

Love, Penny

Anonymous said...

Is it hard to find the children's medicine over there that you would find here in the US such as "Dimetapp Cold Medicine for Children" or something like that? I was just curious. It is pretty cool to have a mother that is a doctor, but does a doctor over there check on the children while you are there? Glad you had some time today to just relax in the hotel room.

-Steve

Anonymous said...

Hi guys! what a great blog you have ! your daughter is beautiful..I so enjoy following your trip..thank you for posting it! I was wondering if you know when you are going to the SWI??? Deanna Cromly

Anonymous said...

Julianna is beautiful. I look forward to seeing each new post in the morning.

Sherry Beth

Anonymous said...

Fantastic news on the drinking from a glass! I agree with "Mom" (not sure if that is Pat or Audrey, so sorry, ladies!). Singing is usually a good soother. And what better choice than "Jesus Loves Me"? I sang that & "You are my Sunshine" (choruses & choruses of it in fact...) to Kimber when she was tiny & in the throes of a fit of some kind. The key I found was to sing softly (just below the level of her crying/fussiness) so that she has to quiet down in order to hear you, adjusting your volume with hers.
Of course, that worked for Kimber only after trying 400 other things that didn't. you'll find your groove that is just for you & Julianna. And when you do...beautiful. :o)
See you soon!
Mary

Anonymous said...

Oh one more thing, Sherry. I thought Julianna's room was a tad bit dull in comparison to the brightly colored photos from her orphanage so I took the liberty of buying you 9 gallons of Muted Fuschia paint for the walls. That should just about give it that girlish "glow" I know you love so much. Hopefully, with your mom's help, we can at least get 4 coats on before you guys get home. :o) Miss you, love the pics!

Anonymous said...

I had more time to really read your posts, now that the kids are in bed and I see that your SWI visit was moved to tues instead of today (friday). I wish you a wonderful visit and we are praying for your safe, happy travels!
Deanna and Matt Cromly
PS looking SOOO forward to seeing your attempts at getting Thomas Jiang to smile:)
PPS