Monday, April 09, 2007



Overall, today was much better. She sat in her high chair for two meals, she played with us, instead of near us and we got a smile. Not a lot of smiles, but one is better than what we have been getting. She managed to go all the way to about 4 or 5 before having a serious meltdown. She is no longer eating congee. We keep offering it, but she turns it down. I think she has discovered there is a whole world of food out there that does not involve congee. She had scrambled eggs at breakfast. Unfortunately, I don't know how to make those either, but at least I know people who do. We've decided to stick with the vanilla soy milk, since the grandparents located a source of that flavor. She took a couple of steps holding on to the cabinet and a few holding on to my hands.


We had a new parents mistake this afternoon. We went to the local market to get more soy milk and they had a display of tea sets on the opposite shelf. We put the stroller by the tea sets and were both turned to the soy milk, picking them up and going "which one is vanilla", when we hear "crash". Yep. Julianna was busy checking out the tea sets. She only broke one cup, but we now have a tea set. All we could do we do was shake our heads.



We absolutely love getting all your comments. Checking the blog is one of the first things we do in the morning.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great news about your day! The scrambled egg thing cracks me up! We are going to be spending time in the kitchen with whomever wrote that about the eggs. Just kidding! great pics!

-Steve

Anonymous said...

Do they have soy milk in cans or in boxes like regular milk in the dairy case? What we found is in the dairy case. Looks to me like she will need me to cook my home made pan cakes in the "J" shape for her on Sunday morning after you get home. Don't worry about the tea cup that is just the first of many things that she will have "fun" with and you will be cleaning up. Looking forwarded to seeing you at the airport. Love Paw Paw

Anonymous said...

I could picture the tea cup story in my head like a bystander saying "OH NO!" or "Watch this Guys"(naah, that would be mean).
I love that you can blog about your experiences. You all are already a blessing to us all and letting us into your lives this way is so special.
From everyone who is reading, THANK YOU and We Love You.
We will see you before you know it.

Love, Rachel
P.S. I can't wait to see Julianna.
Love, Hannah

Anonymous said...

Come on Phil, you cant scramble eggs???? Julianna is a beautiful baby and I can see shes learning fast that She is in charge. LOL! Get used to it friend, you're now officially the minority. Keep enjoying the experience in China, but dont ever get the idea that your adventure ends there. It will continue for many years to come, regardless of where you are. Congratulations once again and I look forward to seeing you upon your return.

Charles

Anonymous said...

So happy that she is playing with you and that you got a smile. Paw Paw made "J" pancakes for breakfast so he could get in some practice even though he has had previous experience with "J" pancakes . Now that you have a tea set, does that mean we can have tea parties? Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

Hi! I love the pictures!! Julianna is beautiful. I can't wait to see her. I wanted to be at the airport, but it looks like I won't be able to. Grandson has a birthday party. (3 yrs. old) Then we go to the choir party. But, hope it won't be long till I get to see her.
Love, Mary Ellen P.